NO MAKEUPS FOR MISSED CLASSES POLICY: When clients pay monthly session tuition it is to reserve a spot on the roll sheet of a class for a student to attend regularly scheduled meetings of that class, whether the student attends or not. Other students are turned away when enrollment reaches a student:instructor ratio of 10:1. Effective 2019, HA is abolishing use of the word “makeups” from class management system. We no longer allow makeups for lessons missed by student absences. Students are not entitled to “makeup lessons” or refunds for lessons missed if the scheduled class was delivered. There are only two cases in which anything resembling a “makeup” will be allowed (Replacement and Additional Classes):
- When HA is forced to cancel a class (possibly due to weather or natural disaster, government forced closure, or a staffing emergency in which an instructor is not available to teach a class). In the case of weather or natural disaster or government forced closure, HA managers will arrange for ONE REPLACEMENT CLASS. In the case of a staffing emergency in which an HA instructor is NOT available to teach a class, HA managers will arrange TWO REPLACEMENT CLASSES (an extra class for the inconvenience we caused the members involved). [During the closure caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, credits or refunds were given for missed classes and no tuition was charged until reopening.]
- When contracted or agreed upon at the onset or prior to the end of scheduled services. For instance, often in prorating a new family into the program they wish to attend ADDITIONAL CLASSES in place of classes already missed during their start month even though they are starting, say, halfway through the month. Or when moving off island mid-month some families may want to pay for the entire month and attend ADDITIONAL CLASSES before they leave rather than attend only a portion of their last month.
RESTRICTIONS FOR REPLACEMENT/ADDITIONAL CLASSES: For those rare cases where replacement or additional lessons are authorized by a site-manager or director, the following restrictions apply:
- There are no refunds or prorating for missed classes.
- To prevent entry into full classes, replacement/additional classes must be scheduled through the office either in person or by phone, preferably 24-48 hours before the approved class. Walk-ins are not allowed.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a class in order to attend a replacement/additional class. (No such extra classes are allowed following dis-enrollment from the Academy.)
- Replacement/Additional classes must be completed within one monthly session of the missed class(es).
- There will be no makeups of replacement/additional classes: If you miss a scheduled replacement/additional class it will be counted as a completed adjustment and another scheduling another class will not be allowed.
- There are only limited classes in which replacement/additional lessons are offered. Replacement/Additional classes are only allowed:
- During non-peak enrollment hours (e.g., NOT ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNINGS).
- In classes with regular enrollment of seven or less (NEVER IN FULL CLASSES).
- In classes at the same ability level or duration (e.g., 1-hr beginner classes vs. 2-hr intermediate classes).
- In classes of the same content (e.g., mixed gymnastics, trampoline, tumbling, apparatus, ninja, exclusively).
- At the discretion of the class instructor and manager on duty (students unfamiliar with the class they are dropping into often require more attention from the instructor to “catch them up” to the students in the class who have likely had better preparation for the content being taught by that particular instructor… thus these drop-in students often slow progress in many classes and this is why a few instructors will NOT allow such drop-ins into their classes unless the visiting student is a student of that instructor on another day or time). When refused entry into a requested replacement/additional class other options will be provided.
Once enrolled, a student’s space in a class is automatically reserved from monthly session to monthly session unless the office receives written notice of discontinuation at least two weeks before the end of a session.
$60 due 01 January each year for registration, insurance, T-shirt, fitness testing, portrait, etc. Mid-year enrollment is pro-rated at $5 for each remaining month of the calendar year.
Saturdays and Sundays (plus holidays and when no classes are scheduled); $100 deposit; book early because the dates fill quickly.